The Route 66 Adventure Handbook is your personal guide to the vanishing American roadside, with all of its exuberance, splendor, and absurdity.
For this updated and expanded third edition, Drew Knowles has included it all: magnificent architecture, natural wonders, Art Deco masterpieces, vintage motels and cafes, unique museums, offbeat attractions, fascinating artifacts and icons, and kitschy tourist traps.
Painstakingly researched, the Route 66 Adventure Handbook is essential to any Mother Roader's tool kit. It includes:
• How to locate unmarked portions of the old highway.
• What to bring with you in order to make the most of your Route 66 Adventure
• Background information, anecdotes, trivia, attractions, and suggested side trips
• Contact information for Route 66 associations and local visitors' bureaus
• An index of all Route 66 towns for easy locating
• Maps, directions, and other navigational aids
• Stunning photographs of Route 66 sights and attractions
This city-by-city and state-by-state tour of America's most celebrated highway also includes hundreds of stunning photographs to illustrate the many wonders of the Route. Ride along as Knowles uncovers a wealth of features-some well-known, some obscure, but all of them fascinating-all along the length of America's Main Street, Route 66. Filled with wonderfully quirky side-trips and fun bits of trivia, Route 66 Adventure Handbook is the most authoritative resource for anyone looking to explore the Mother Road. Fasten your seatbelts!