Cross-cultural communication is easy in Myanmar a smile will do the trick. But just a few words of Burmese will reword you with on enthusiastic reception. Test your bargaining skills at the many colourful markets or try your hand at karaoke Burmese-style. Get where you're going as you tour on a trishaw or chat with the locals as you party at a pwe. Whatever you choose, you won't be stuck for words!
- get script savvy to make sense of signs and menus
- read up on etiquette - don't sit with your bock to a Buddha
- show monks respect with special honorific vocabulary get in sync with the seasons of the Buddhist lunar calendar
- know your noodles - from mohinga to moun-ti
- find the right word with the comprehensive dictionary
Size: 9,5 cm x 14 cm