A revolutionary guide by Stephen Neale to the world of wild camping and foraging, showing how anyone can camp, sleep and wake in the UK's most secluded and beautiful places.
Wild Camping features the best places to camp in England, Wales, Ireland and Scotland, along with stories, tips, helpful maps and inspiring photos. The new edition also includes a completely new chapter introducing the exciting new English Coastal Path, opening in 2020. Other topics include:
- What is wild camping and why bother
- Different types of wild camping, including bivvying, tenting, and hammocking.
- What the laws are in Scotland, England, Northern Ireland, Wales, Ireland, EU, and on waterways.
- Getting started (vital equipment, where to go, when to go, safety).
- Drinking water and foraging for food.
This fully updated guide will give readers the knowledge and the inspiration to escape the noise, clutter and stress of day to day life and go wild. From getting back to nature with a tent, some matches and a few litres of bottled water, to enjoying a takeout dinner and camping out in the garden afterwards, this book shows how to fall in love with wild camping in all its many forms.